My Work At University of York
A list of old projects here including a Marking App, an iPad app and 3Sixty installation.
Scraping "Sugar Tax" information from UK Government sites then running with semantic and sentiment analysis.
Playing with scraping Box of Broadcast transcripts, and automatic MoviePy editing.
Chapbooks in the Borthwick on Glitch in Django
Remix here: https://glitch.com/edit/#!/chapbooks
My Work Outside The University
Drawing and paintings. Zonk The Gnu
Symphony For A Post Justification Engine
York Mediale 2018 - The Fake News Kaleidoscope
Music of the Trees
Betula Pendula - Silver Birch but also
Version 1 - made in Processing - code here.
Version 2 - made in p5js... slowly disintegrates
Version 3 - p5js, Tone.js, piano sample.
Teenage Art School - York Art Gallery
Red Blue Drawing App
"Moving Texts" optical illusions in p5js https://editor.p5js.org/remarkability/sketches/Gp13lIm1Y
Video here of animation
Runway ML vs Watmap vs Processing
Politicians made from pig's ears...
Halfway between a politician and a black and white cow. https://www.instagram.com/p/B8R3sKRH1qv/
https://digitalcreativitytools.glitch.me/ which contains a list of Inspirational sites, worth a look and a list of digital creativity tools.
Currently recording dozens of screencast creativity exercises like this Let's Make Glitch Art for the Festival of Ideas.
Theme from Marion Sparkle. Uses Spitfire Discover BBC Orchestra free sounds. A "game" assembled almost entirely from generated and found components. Characters, Plots, etc.
Things I'd Play With More If I Had More Time
https://rive.app/ Formerly Flare.
- Mosaic . Like TouchDesigner of Isadora - visual tools
- Score - for sequencing media and devices
- Make my own visual language for Google Suite processes with https://nodered.org/ or https://developers.google.com/blockly
- Runway ML and StyleGans with Python notebooks
- MIT App Inventor or block coding in general, tools like WayScript.
- Twine and Eko Studio
- Studio One - Modular Synthesis (free)
- Sonic Pi
- Spark AR
- A Little Livecode (perhaps)
- Make my own version of SoundPlant now it doesn't work on a Mac (Catalina)
- Do I need to learn Unity?
- Understand more about Git and Glitch